Rearing calves are all about immunity, performance, digestion and less medication:
Calf feed supplemented with CALVISTART helps rearing calves reach their full growth capacity. This is because their defenses are strengthened by the immunity-enhancing ingredients, metabolic functions are optimized and digestion is controlled. As a supplement to calf feed and milk substitute, CALVISTART has the following mechanisms of action:
- Stimulates digestion: to optimally support growth performance, the calf feed needs to be digested as well as possible. Micronutrients in CALVISTART stimulate the development of the rumen and rumen villi. This increases the intake of calf feed, the feed is better digested and daily weight gains are increased.
- As a result, the need for milk or milk replacer per calf is decreased and weaning can take place earlier.
- Supports metabolic functions: calf feeds containing CALVISTART micronutrients stimulate metabolic functions and growth. The results are improved feed conversion and higher daily gains in calves.
- Stimulates the immune system: calf feed supplemented with micronutrients boosts immunity, as it contains colostrum protection factors and other substances that stimulate the immune response.
- Reduces treatment costs: because the immune response is improved, the animal can better withstand disease pressure. This reduces treatment costs. If treatment is still necessary, the animal’s response to it is much better.